Re: Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 11:49:42 2005

Niels Bakker wrote:

* [email protected] [Tue 12 Apr 2005, 13:21 CEST]:

In this case, I do. It's a consumer product.

One way to solve this problem, and recognize that many
IP network operators sell service to consumers as well
as peering, would be to offer the inet-access mailing
list to come under the NANOG umbrella, and then encourage
discussions to move to the appropriate list. There is no
reason why the NANOG community needs to limit itself to
a single-focus mailing list and a single-track conference.

We can already ask people to take their discussions to the appropriate
place. No need for that other place to fall under the same umbrella.
NANOG has a charter, and this whole thread falls squarely outside it.

Ditto. The inet-access list is one of the many "other lists" referenced in the NANOG FAQ as a place to discuss topics that may be of interest to *some* NANOG participants but which are off-topic to NANOG itself. Anyone who is interested in discussion about "consumer product" items (and other topics of interest to ISPs and network providers small and large) is welcome to subscribe to inet-access by sending email: