Re: Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Tue Apr 12 07:39:08 2005

* [email protected] [Tue 12 Apr 2005, 13:21 CEST]:
> As for gigE, if you open up the WRT54G you will see
> that it has a mini-PCI wireless card. Some people

Only the original (v1.0) hardware had that, so don't all rush to the
stores to see how well a 133MHz processor would cope with GigE, people...

>> In this case, I do. It's a consumer product.
>
> One way to solve this problem, and recognize that many
> IP network operators sell service to consumers as well
> as peering, would be to offer the inet-access mailing
> list to come under the NANOG umbrella, and then encourage
> discussions to move to the appropriate list. There is no
> reason why the NANOG community needs to limit itself to
> a single-focus mailing list and a single-track conference.

We can already ask people to take their discussions to the appropriate
place.  No need for that other place to fall under the same umbrella.
NANOG has a charter, and this whole thread falls squarely outside it.

	-- Niels.

--
                              The idle mind is the devil's playground