Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Mon Apr 11 15:08:45 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Kevin Oberman wrote:

Well, Paul Vixie wrote bind and he started ISC later to provide more
organization to his work and supporting it further, so I really dont
see a problem with consdering BIND to be ISC product even if original
acronym was more general (though I doubt he could get it trademarked
because of all that)..
William,

Paul Vixie did NOT write the original BIND. The first BIND version
(4.3?) was written by the CSRG at UC Berkeley by Kevin Dunlap who was on
loan to CSRG by Digital (who also employed Paul at that time).
My apologies. I did not know this detail. I knew about BIND being written
by somebody from Digital when working at Berkeley but always assumed it
was Paul Vixie back then as well.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks