Re: SORBS Identity theft alert

  • From: Edward B. Dreger
  • Date: Mon Apr 11 03:19:55 2005

BN> Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:51:54 -0700 (PDT)
BN> From: Bill Nash

BN> > See http://www.iadl.org/sorbs/sorbs-story.html
BN>
BN> In short, what's your point?

SORBS lists Dean.  I suspect this makes him angry.

BN> If you have substantial evidence that information collected by SORBS
BN> has been used as such, by all means, come out and accuse them of it.
BN>
BN> Otherwise, kindly keep your pissing contest to yourself.

I'd have to dig through StopORBS archives, but the belief that companies
can run DNSBLs on their own servers lead to Dean accusing a few people,
self included, of being something along the lines of "the Internet's
most dangerous criminals".   Looks like it's Matt Sullivan's turn.

Let's all step back and use Google before launching another long,
pointless "I [don't] like your DNSBL" thread.  All that can possibly be
said probably has been said, many different times, and on many different
lists.

That said, I shan't post to this hopefully-short-lived thread again.
I've heard there are lists for this sort of DNSBL-centric bickering;
perhaps someone who cares about their existence can confirm, enumerate,
and direct interested parties (if any) that way.

Eddy
--
Everquick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - http://www.brotsman.com/