Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: Stefan Schmidt
  • Date: Sat Apr 09 23:35:33 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 04:32:12PM -0700, Roger Marquis wrote:
> You need only count the lines of code needed by the daemon/s
> servicing requests.  That is, IMO, bind's only major failing.  Too
> much code, too many little used features (nobody I know needs or
> wants rndc), and no way to compile without them.  If you read Bruce
> Schneier, as every developer should, you know how important that
> "Amount of code" is.

Ok, just came from the pub so i'm making this a short and simple one:

I need&&want rndc!

> Using bind 8 and 9 but still looking for something better,

Doing that too, we could as well just kill ourselves if we were not
ever looking for something better than we already have. Thats called
life. ;)

	Stefan
--
[Reading Elliot the contract]
The Devil : Paragraph one states that I, the Devil, a not-for-profit