Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Sat Apr 09 13:14:30 2005

On Apr 9, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Will Yardley wrote:
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:14:14AM -0700, David Conrad wrote:
Fortunately, if it is a religion, I am agnostic in the BIND vs. DJB war
since I work for a company that has created a product that could be
argued competes with both... :-).
Didn't Nominum write BIND9,
Yes, up to 9.2.0, under contract to ISC.

and doesn't / didn't it provide commercial
support for it?
Yep.  A commercial necessity if your market is ISPs/telcos.

I'd think / hope that would give you a slight slant in
one direction.
I have my preferences, however I'm not religious about it. DJBDNS is better than BIND in some scenarios, BIND is better in others. Neither is perfect and since our customers use both, I'm interested in objective measures as opposed to subjective, emotion laden value judgments.

Rgds,
-drc