Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: Will Yardley
  • Date: Sat Apr 09 12:36:42 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 01:14:14AM -0700, David Conrad wrote:

> Fortunately, if it is a religion, I am agnostic in the BIND vs. DJB war
> since I work for a company that has created a product that could be
> argued competes with both... :-).

Didn't Nominum write BIND9, and doesn't / didn't it provide commercial
support for it? I'd think / hope that would give you a slight slant in
one direction.

My favorite thing about djb is that while he seldom has time to help
people who are using his own software (claiming he's too busy or they're
too stupid), he seems to have infinite time and patience to troll in
forums for the makers of other software (comp.protocols.dns.bind,
postfix-users mailing list, etc.).

I also think his "my way or the highway" / "doesn't play nice with
others" approach affects not just his personal interactions, but his
software as well.

And he's obsessed with the idea of "The BIND Company"
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/blurb/bindmoney.html