Re: djbdns: An alternative to BIND

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Fri Apr 08 23:06:23 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Niek wrote:

> On 4/9/2005 3:46 AM +0100, Nathan Ward wrote:
> > - I was forced to use DJBs naming conventions for zones
> If you administer 2-3 domains, sure it's an hassle, if not, put code-monkeys
> to work. Most script people I know love the tinydns zone structure in comparison
> to bind's one.

because instead of MX you have . or + or - or : or something so helpfully
meaningful... same for NS and A and CNAME... Yes, 1 more level of
indirection is not always a good thing.

-chris
(not that I dislike djbdns, i just don't understand why things have to be
'different' so very much... and if bind works, why use djbdns?)