Re: AS prepending

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Fri Apr 08 12:35:42 2005
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

--- Philip Lavine <[email protected]> wrote:

> Update 2:
>
> More info. When I have tested the failover by
> pulling
> the plug on the preferred ISP, I do not see my
> network
> in looking glass. Secondly, the backup provider has
> told me the the route is not in the (rib).
>
> Philip

Have you verified that you're advertising the routes
to them?  In Cisco-speak, does

sh ip bgp nei x.x.x.x adv

return what you're expecting?

Also, assuming that your backup ISP is either directly
connected to (or one transit hop away from) your
primary ISP, 3 prepends is too many for what you want.
 Try 1 prepend first.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com