Re: Network-Automation discussion mailing list created

  • From: Bill Nash
  • Date: Thu Apr 07 18:23:04 2005

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Brent Chapman wrote:

At 3:15 PM -0700 4/7/05, Bill Nash wrote:
I've created a Network-Automation mailing list for discussions of issues related to automating network configuration and management, including (but not limited to) methods, mechanisms, techniques, philosophies, policies, and products.
In the spirit of making CAN-SPAM useful, and extending the reasonable recourse NANOG provides end users against harvesting, can you update your AUP to specifically (and publically) prohibit the harvesting of email addresses from list traffic or web visible archives for the purpose of commercial mailings?
Sure, that sounds like a good idea. Can you point me at any suggested language, or any other list's version of this policy, which I can use as a template?
Sure.

"Harvesting of email addresses from this mailing list, or web visible archives, for the purposes of commercial mailings, is prohibited."

Cheers.

- billn