Re: The power of default configurations

  • From: Andrew Dul
  • Date: Thu Apr 07 12:06:23 2005

-------Original Message-------

There was actually a very interesting discussion about this very topic regarding the proposed new ULA addresses at ipv6 working group at the last IETF meeting.  This included a discussion about who should do the filtering the routers or the DNS servers etc...see the minutes below.

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg04554.html

The IESG basically rejected this draft because of the issues of DNS queries for 1918 space.  They were looking for stronger language to deal with the issue we currently see with 1918 queries.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-09.txt

Andrew