Re: Netlantis --- is it ever coming back?

  • From: Pascal Gloor
  • Date: Thu Apr 07 08:12:30 2005

| Does anyone know if netlantis.org is coming back?   That was a very
| useful site but it has been down for a long time (with a note saying
| that it will be back soon) now.
|
| I would love to have access to that BGP info again, it was very
| helpful...   I am still contributing a route feed, and that session is
| up.

It should come back, it will in fact, just give them time, a bgpd eating
thousands of full tables need a bit of work :-)
The old version of netlantis was running straight in the wall (unable to handle larger bgp updates due to "global cisco upgrade due to major interface queue bug" or like "ooops, the power gird crashed") and we shut it thinking that a new version would be ready within a few weeks. Unfortunatly the work has been massivly underestimated, add to that some external factors, such as, I became daddy, limited sponsored hardware, etc..

Actually the core application is ready. There are some details to finish and some front-end to do. We're almost done!! (I know, I've said this a year ago already...)

Its not dead, it will come back, just a matter of time...

Pascal