Re: Spam (un)blocking

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Wed Apr 06 15:10:39 2005

On 04/06/05, Adam Jacob Muller <[email protected]> wrote:

> Firstly, what is the best way to remove myself from each of these
> blacklists, if there is anything aside from going to each one
> individually and saying "i'm not spamming anymore".

	Right now, that's about it -- but many folks only do temporary
	blocking based on recent traffic patterns, so you can also just
	wait a few days and I bet some of the problem will go away.

> Second, is there some way to mark my block of addresses is owned by
> responsible responsive system administrators.

	If there was, the spammers would be the first to adopt it.

> We have tech support on duty 24/7 and abuse complaints are dealt with
> in a timely manner, so I am wondering if there is a way to communicate
> our willingness to help in the fight against spam.

	http://www.maawg.org/ is probably the best industry group
	focused on these issues right now.

--
J.D. Falk                           As a carpenter bends the seat of a chariot
<[email protected]>                    I bend this frenzy round my heart.