Re: T1 vs. T2 [WAS: Apology: [Tier-2 reachability and multihoming]]

  • From: James
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 21:21:27 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 04:50:10PM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

[ snip ]

> I'd really hate to picture the size of the boom that would happen if
> people WERE to exchange transit paths with each other on anything other
> than a rare and isolated basis.

Yup... Already happening a lot in IPv6 today, mostly from legacy 6bone
operators who still refuse to clean up. Worse, such mutual full swapping
/ settlement-free transit exchange on large part is done over tunnels...
(oh snap...)

I can already go on and name at least five ASNs already that are doing this
on large scale but I think I'll refrain from doing so on a public mailing
list :D

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                      Boston IPv4/IPv6 Web Hosting, Colocation and