Re: potpourri (Re: Clearwire May Block VoIP Competitors )

  • From: Eric A. Hall
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 19:28:50 2005

On 3/31/2005 2:40 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> But I do agree, the whole US market would be better off with more
> regulation in all areas actually.

No, we're not Europe.

> There is no need for a lot of parallell networks really,

Our system is chaotic and annoying at times but it produces better stuff
in the form of whole new technologies and in the form of incremental
improvements to existing technologies. I mean, you guys can wait around
and then standardize on some point in the development cycle, but we're
inventing the technologies and the incremental improvements. If we did
what you do then we might as well all stop and stand still now.

Besides which, your exmple of parallel [and identical] networks shows that
there are dumb things to be found in trying to maintain artifical
competition in a non-competitive environment.