Re: Vonage Hits ISP Resistance

  • From: Bill Nash
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 14:53:35 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Steve Sobol wrote:

Bill Nash <[email protected]> wrote:

regular basis, I imagine regulation will happen, especially if ISPs keep
trying to inhibit consumer choices.
There's a fine line between "inhibiting consumer choices" and "ensuring that
you don't end up spending more money than you're collecting for the services
you provide."

I'm not discounting that. It just doesn't seem to me that actual VOIP usage is significant enough, in existing billing models, to warrant the behaviour we're seeing. I'd be interested in seeing the figures surrounding this, if anyone has them.

- billn