Re: Vonage Hits ISP Resistance

  • From: Greg Boehnlein
  • Date: Thu Mar 31 10:39:44 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

[Deleted]

> I agree with whomever said it earlier -- remember that the
> global Internet is nothing more than a bunch of interconnected
> private networks.

Yep.. And when you are dying of a heart attack in your house, and every
second counts, how are you going to feel when the 911 operator says..
"P...e.a...s...c....a...y......s....a..d..a?" Or better yet, when you get
a fast-busy because your Cable Modem is down?

VoIP is great. VoPI (Voice over Public Internet) is great when it works,
but I wouldn't bet my life or my business on it.

                             KP-216-121-ST