Sympatico / Nexxia (as577) smtp issues ?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Wed Mar 30 19:14:52 2005

Anyone know whats up with Sympatico / Bell's mail servers ? My customers are asking me why their mail is not getting there nor mail from sympatico is not getting to us. Most mail does not seem to be going through although network connectivity seems fine. I tried from 2 other networks and the issue seems to be the same.

> host -tmx sympatico.ca
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip6.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip7.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip8.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip1.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip2.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip3.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip4.bellnexxia.net.
sympatico.ca mail is handled by 5 toip5.bellnexxia.net.

> telnet toip6.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.174...
> telnet toip1.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.84...
> telnet toip2.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.85...
> telnet toip3.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.86...
> telnet toip4.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.87...
Connected to toip4.bellnexxia.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
421 #4.4.5 Too many connections to this host.
Connection closed by foreign host.
> telnet toip5.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.88...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
> telnet toip6.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.174...
> telnet toip7.bellnexxia.net smtp
Trying 209.226.175.175...

Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, [email protected]
Providing Internet since 1994 www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada www.sentex.net/mike