Re: outage/maintenance window opinion

  • From: Luke Parrish
  • Date: Wed Mar 30 11:35:07 2005

In this situation we were expecting to be done for the majority of the maintenance window, but yes I see your point. However I block out a 3 hour window for maintenance because the activities I am performing on the network could easily cause a longer service outage than planned as we all know. So if I plan for a 4 hour window but only expect 20 minutes of downtime that actually turns into 3 hours, as long as it is inside the maintenance window specified then it should not go against outage minutes. It was done in the window for a reason...

??
Luke