Re: phishing sites report - March/2005

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Mon Mar 28 15:21:11 2005

Gadi,

This report isn't terribly useful without the IP addresses (or URLs) in
question. How could an ISP start investigating and/or null routing these
addresses without having the list?

I suppose I'm skeptical because some of those ASNs are not big content
hosters. Some are transit-only ASN's.

Also, if you are using WHOIS to check the IP addresses for their owner, how
are you correlating to ASN? Through an IRR? Or is there a route lookup
somewhere in the mix?

Even if you won't release full data (although I can't imagine why not), you
need to fully disclose the methodology. "Digested" is insufficient when ISPs
and hosters are being called out by name.

- Dan