Re: Intradomain DNS Anycast revisited

  • From: Peter John Hill
  • Date: Mon Mar 28 12:44:14 2005

On Mar 28, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

I like BGP more as I could transport that /32 with no-export
right away.
Yes, in a simple hub-and-spoke anycast topology, iBGP is simplest. In a
wagon-wheel or mesh topology, having an IGP makes some things simplest,
though you can still use iBGP in that role.
Yep, use the best routing protocol that you already have running on the connecting routers might be a decent rule of thumb... Therefore enterprises (where I have worked) tend to use ospf.... I can understand service providers using iBGP...

Peter