outage/maintenance window opinion

  • From: Luke Parrish
  • Date: Mon Mar 28 12:20:01 2005

Trying to get clarification on an issue.

Maintenance/outage window is 2:00AM to 5:00AM, during the window the router we are working on fails and does not come back online until 8:00AM.

From a outage reporting/documentation standpoint is the outage start time 2:00AM or 5:01AM since 5:01AM is when the maintenance window and planned outage was over...

My take is that the outage starts when the planned maintenance/outage window is over at 5:01AM.

Luke

Luke Parrish
Centurytel Internet Operations
318-330-6661