Re: ICANN on the panix.com theft

  • From: James Galvin
  • Date: Mon Mar 28 11:28:43 2005

--On Saturday, March 26, 2005 4:58 PM -0500 David Lesher <[email protected]>
wrote:

ICANN Blames Melbourne IT for Panix Domain Hijacking
Unfortunately, the agenda for the next ICANN meeting:

   <http://www.icann.org/meetings/mardelplata/>

Still does not yet show that the SSAC

   <http://www.icann.org/committees/security/>

Will be having a public meeting on Tuesday, from 6:30-7:30pm, during
which it will present its preliminary results and recommendations from
its review of the incident.

The meeting was requested to be held in the plenary room.  If it is it
will be webcast, etc., just as all the main meetings are.

It is not my place to speak for the committee but I can tell you that PR
information that has been released (although I haven't seen it published
anywhere yet) points out that the committee took a broader view of the
incident, looking at the interactions throughout the system, and will
have some things to say that are somewhat critical of more than just
Melbourne IT.

Sorry but the presentation will probably not be public until just before
the meeting.

Anybody who wants an official comment or more detailed information in
advance of the presentation should contact the Chair, Steve Crocker.

Jim
Provider of "staff" support to the SSAC