Re: Utah governor signs Net-porn bill

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Thu Mar 24 11:39:57 2005
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

--- William Allen Simpson <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I'm assuming that you really operate an ISP in Utah.
>  And that you are
> willing to spend some time in jail at various times,
> have $10,000 or so
> for bail, and a few $100,000 for attorney fees --
> none of which you'll
> get back even should you win.

wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to simply get a
lawyer and an engineer in the same room and brainstorm
until you came up with something which
pretty-much-worked(tm) and was at least arguably
compliant with the law?  There have been a couple of
ideas bandied about on this list which are arguably
compliant and technically simple.

> I've spent time in jail on principle.  I'm glad to
> see others are still
> willing to stand up and be counted!

This isn't a principle for which I'd gladly go to
jail.    All I'm saying is that it isn't the
doom&gloom you're portraying - Utah politicians being
difficult doesn't mean the end of free speech forever.
 Why not wait and see what happens?

-David Barak
need Geek-rock?  Try The Franchise!
http://www.listentothefranchise.com