Re: 72/8 friendly reminder

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Thu Mar 24 09:37:55 2005

> it seems that even bureaucrazy ripe managed to do it without
> holding policy discussions; see henk's posting.

I believe that RIPE does these things BECAUSE it is
more bureaucratic than ARIN. As a result, RIPE staff
feel more empowered to do sensible projects outside of
the policy process.

In any case, it is not important how the message
gets communicated to ARIN. What is important is for
network operators to *TELL* ARIN what they need ARIN
to do. One way to talk to ARIN is through the public
meetings and another way is to email one of the
trustees.

--Michael Dillon