Re: sorbs.net

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Mar 22 11:08:44 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 07:27:21 PST, Wes Hardaker said:

> I wish it were always so easy.  I've been talking to an administrator
> lately who's policy is that "loosing occasional email is ok if it
> means we keep out a whole bunch of spam".  If they're that far over
> the fence I'd need a strong bull with a long rope to try to pull them
> back to my side.  I keep trying to tell him I'm potentially losing
> business due to his position, but he's convinced spam is worse.
>
> Some people simply can't be educated.

On the other hand, which should he choose - *you* losing business due to
his position, or *HIM* losing business if he takes the other position?

If he lowers his spam filters enough to allow your *potentially* lost
business through, and he loses 10% of his customers to someplace that has
a heavier-duty spam filter policy, are you going to repay him for that
lost revenue?