Re: Delegating /24's from a /19

  • From: Mark Andrews
  • Date: Wed Mar 16 16:59:50 2005

> 2) Use DNAME, RFC 2672.  Good luck.
>
> (http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/pubs/tn/index.pl?tn=isc-tn-2002-1.html)
>
> 3) Use RFC 2317.  "I encourage my competitors to operate this way."

	Note: DNAME is equivalent to RFC 2317.  In both cases this
	will break the customers expectation that they can just use
	x.y.z.in-addr.arpa for the PTR records.

	Note for reliable local reverse lookups when the external
	link is down they will need to slave the ISP's x.y.z.in-addr.arpa
	zone and well as manage the zone the CNAME / DNAME maps to.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [email protected]