Re: sorbs.net

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Tue Mar 15 18:09:27 2005

Robert Bonomi wrote:

Anyone on the list involved with this project? I need to speak to someone ASAP. No, I am not going to pay your ridiculous fine.

SORBS is a one-man operation out of Australia.

Not quite, though it is owned by me.

I really doubt that he participates in the NORTH AMERICAN network operators
group.

erm, no ;-)

Contact means for SORBS *is* provided on the web-site. it works reliably. Be advised, however, that a 'need' on your part does not translate to urgency on the part of anyone else.

(multiple contacts) and fortunately and thanks to 18 or so _very_ hard working volunteers the response time has gone from weeks to hours (in most cases).

Note: *Nobody*, not even SORBS, says you 'have to' make that charitable
contribution. All the 'spam' listings _do_ "age off" the SORBS
system, eventually.

Correct - it just takes time, and depending on the reason different amounts of time. (eg if you have 'BlueRockDove' or 'NewAgeOptIn' on your network there is currently and 'indefinite' aging time)

Caveat: I have nothing to do with SORBS. I don't use it -- or *any* blocklist,
for that matter -- myself (I use other means that are better suited for _my_
requirements). I don't even know the operator thereof. Everything I've
said is based on published and publicly available information.

No, but you did a fine job of explaining it (best I have seen personally), thank you.

The original poster has already noted a contact has been made, and I will watch it with interest - and the poster may note at least one of the entries has probably been resolved already.

Regards,

Mat