Re: sorbs.net

  • From: Paul G
  • Date: Tue Mar 15 17:50:34 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Kulawiec" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: sorbs.net

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:21:35AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> >   o could this be used as a dos and then become extortion?
>
> Unlikely.  Blocklists are used by choice, and blocklists which
> either aren't effective or don't have sane policies don't get
> chosen often.  (See "BLARS", which even blars was recommending
> that you don't use the last time I checked.)

unfortunately, that *still* didn't stop people from using it, which
translated into an unresolvable headache for me as a sp. if you don't
consider a blacklist to be usable by the public, don't publish it. however,
publishing a draconian blacklist seems to get you a 'hardcore' label/clout
in certain circles and is thus irresistible for some.

-p