Re: Obsolete bogon filtering

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Mar 11 18:30:23 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Simon Lyall wrote:

> 1. People would have a list of phone numbers to call every time a change
> was made.
>
> 2. People would have a list of sites that were known to be of less
> clue than most. This might help them make purchasing decisions in the
> future.

In my experience with 69/8, most of the problem sites were "end users"
rather than service providers...though in some cases, those end users were
things like parts of the US Military and NASA, etc.  The only provider I
remember running into that had a static bogon issue was fast.net, but they
don't even exist anymore AFAIK, as they were bought by USLEC.

So while the list would be useful as a contact list for those affected, I
doubt it's going to influence anyone's transit buying decisions.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |