drone armies C&C report - Feb/2005

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Sun Mar 06 08:33:52 2005

Below is a periodic public report from the drone armies / botnets
research and mitigation mailing list.
For this report it should be noted that we base our analysis on the data
we have accumulated from various sources.

According to our incomplete analysis of information we have thus far, we
now publish two reports.

The ISP's that are most often plagued with botnet C&C's (command &
control) are, by the order listed:
----------------------------------
Responsible Party Count ASN
SAGONE Sago Networks 16-20 21840
THEPL-1 THE PLANET* 16-20 {21844,13884}
PNAP Internap Network Services 11-15 {10913,13790,14742,14744}
STAMIN-2 Staminus Communicatio 11-15 25761
ATRIV Atrivo 11-15 27595
MSG-48 Managed Solutions Group 8-10 27645
YIPS Yipes Communications Inc 8-10 6517
LEVEL3 Level 3 Communications 8-10 3356

* Note that the above details are only for botnet C&C's that are still
active.

* We would gladly like to establish a trusted relationship with
these and any organizations to help them in the future.

* Please note the serious decrease in live Korean botnets, largely due
to the efforts of KrCERT.

The Trojan horses most used in botnets:
---------------------------------------
The below details have not changed much, although we are seeing an increase in rBot variants.

1. Korgobot.
2. SpyBot.
3. Optix Pro.
4. rBot.
5. Other SpyBot variants and strains (AgoBot, PhatBot, actual SDbots,
etc.).

Contact information:
Hank Nussbacher <[email protected]>
Gadi Evron (as specified below)

--
Gadi Evron,
Information Security Manager, Project Tehila -

[email protected]
[email protected]
Office: +972-2-5317890
Fax: +972-2-5317801
http://www.tehila.gov.il

The opinions, views, facts or anything else expressed in this email
message are not necessarily those of the Israeli Government.