Re: More on Vonage service disruptions...

  • From: Christopher Woodfield
  • Date: Fri Mar 04 12:45:20 2005

This does bring up a hardware design question...I'm wondering how difficult of an engineering/marketing problem it would be to design VoIP adapters with built-in backup batteries. How does the power consumption profile of a VoIP adapter compare to, say, a cellphone? What would this add to the cost of the device, and how long could the battery last?

-C