Re: Utah considers law to mandate ISP's block "harmful" sites

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Fri Mar 04 12:05:18 2005

Richard Irving wrote:

  I have a way. You want the Internet sites on this list blocked,
-here-, your account is now _disabled_.

You won't -ever- have to worry about accessing sites you don't like.

  :P

  This is another attempt to legislate something that
can be solved, or should be solved, with technology.

 After all, we have -all- seen how well the anti-UCE laws
have worked.

  * cough *

  The last 5 years of politics, have set a record low,
in my book.

  This law ranks right up there, with the law recently passed
in one state,  (in the past year, and, of course, a Red State)
that declared same sex couples living together,
instead of being married, as criminals, subject to a fine,
and incarceration.

  Did someone spike the legislative punch bowl, or _what_ ?

Umm, we have a longstanding law here in Michigan that defines *any* sex
couples living together as criminals, and the legislature raised the fine
from $300 to $1,000 a few years ago, in a 3 am lame duck session just
before the Republican governor left and became the head lobbyist for the
National Association of Manufacturers.

--
William Allen Simpson