Re: Internet Email Services Association

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Wed Mar 02 15:19:43 2005

* [email protected] (Todd Vierling) [Tue 01 Mar 2005, 19:18 CET]:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 [email protected] wrote:
[..]
>> These core operators sign up to a multilateral mail peering agreement
>> and provide email transit services for other operators.
>>
>> The next layer is the non-core email service providers who have
>> bilateral mail peering agreements with one or more core email transport
>> providers.
>
> Contrary to what you said before, this *IS* the UUCP model in a
> nutshell. It has been done before, it does not scale, and it does not
> fit the way business works today.

It looks more like the way the GPRS roaming world has been set up by a
few telcos.  I don't think that's how you necessarily want to shape your
e-mail roaming agreements, let alone *all* e-mail exchanges.

	-- Niels.

--
                              The idle mind is the devil's playground