RE: More on Vonage service disruptions...

  • From: Church, Chuck
  • Date: Wed Mar 02 11:55:13 2005

Yeah, I forgot about the regulation thing.  I suppose I'd give the ISP a
call first, but I'd expect it to be working within a few hours.  But now
that cable modem providers themselves are providing VoIP/dialtone,
wouldn't those be regulated by the FCC?  I know that my cable modem ISP
(Charter) has been much more reliable the last few months, as they're
doing a bunch of upgrades regarding redundancy.  I believe this is to
support their new VoIP service.  But it still seems to me that blocking
someone from making a 911 call would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Chuck