Re: AOL scomp

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Wed Mar 02 11:52:04 2005

> Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:25:56 +0530
> From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]>
>

> On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:28:31 -0500, Vinny Abello <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I can attest that we do not see the same here as you are seeing (1 in 100).
> > I'd agree more with the 1/3 being stupid AOL users reporting regular
> > messages that were either forwarded from their own account that we host to
>
> Well - there's a way out, sort of.
>
> 1. Route .forwarded email out a separate IP (besides cutting down on
> accepting and forwarding spam)
>
> or
>
> 2. Find some way - like an X-Forwarded-For header, that AOL can tag on.

There aready ARE such headers...  "Resent-From:",  "Resent-To:", ...

> --srs
>
> --
> Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: [email protected]

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin