The Terrible Secret of MAAWG (was Re: Internet Email Services Association ( wasRE: Why do so few mail providers support Port 587?))

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri Feb 25 19:49:45 2005

On 02/25/05, [email protected] wrote:

> > You might want to check out http://www.maawg.org - at least stateside,
>
> I'm uncomfortable with two aspects of this group.
> First is it's anti-abuse stance. I would prefer to
> see a group that was focussed on services, i.e.
> providing the best email service possible to end-users.

	Services are the competitive differentiator between the various
	companies which do e-mail, so that's not likely to happen.

> The second thing is the secrecy surrounding this
> group.

	You (or anyone else) can attend the meeting in San Diego.  The
	price online for non-members was $100, but online registration
	is closed and I don't know what it'll cost on-site.  Here's the
	agenda, complete with topics and names of presenters and who
	they each work for:

	http://www.maawg.org/news/news/0503_GeneralMeeting

	The secret has been revealed!  Viva la revolucion!

--
J.D. Falk                                          uncertainty is only a virtue
<[email protected]>                    when you don't know the answer yet