RE: E1 - RJ45 pinout with ethernet crossover cable

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Fri Feb 25 10:58:42 2005

--On 25 February 2005 09:43 -0500 "Hannigan, Martin" <[email protected]> wrote:

Not that I know of, but I've never attempted what you
describe. Putting the baluns in the loop will destroy the
framing i.e. it's going to try and convert b8zs/ami to 802.x.
How does a balun destroy the framing (or rather line coding)? It's just a
pair of transformers, and hence AC characteristics pass through intact.
All you've done is converted impedance (and, IIRC, line voltage).

Alex