E1 - RJ45 pinout with ethernet crossover cable

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Fri Feb 25 06:22:06 2005

Hi,

Quick question: If I have two E1 ports (RJ45), then will running a straight ethernet cable between the two ports have the same affect as plugging a ballan into each port and using a pair of coax (over a v. short distance).

Likewise would using an ethernet crossover cable have the same affect as swapping the pairs round on one balland.

Or are the pinouts different to ethernet? I tried googling but couldn't find anything (perhaps because I can't seem to spell ballan :/ ).

Sam