Re: UN Panel Aims to End Internet Tug of War by July

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Wed Feb 23 04:27:20 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:22:54 +0000, [email protected]
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > the report itself is linked to from
> > http://www.itu.int/wsis/wgig/index.html
>
> Many of you may find it more interesting and
> useful to read through and comment upon one
> or two of the working papers posted here:
>
> http://wgig.org/working-papers.html

A lot of the papers have major holes in them.  But they are first
inputs, dont represent any kind of consensus at the WGIG and are open
for comment.

So please do send in your comments.  I have, and other people nanogers
know (Bill Manning, Karl Auerbach etc) have as well

Of operational interest - Do note one particular set of comments -
such as the ones by Paul Wilson (DG of APNIC) ... the WGIG seems
rather interested in a set of proposals by Houlin Zhao at ITU-T,
proposals that in my opinion tend to treat IP addressing rather the
same way as telephone numbering.  The RIR's original responses to this
are at http://www.nro.net

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])