Re: UN Panel Aims to End Internet Tug of War by July

  • From: Ross
  • Date: Tue Feb 22 08:54:35 2005

No government will ever have the internet's best intrest in mind when they talk about controlling it. Luckily government control has been kept some what to a minimum so far but it's growing rapidly and this is another attempt for a government body to "control" the internet.

I wonder what new rules will be put in place if the ITU gets control?

I also wonder if the ITU can really take control. What if the U.N. says the ITU should run the TLD's and ICANN says no?

On Mon Feb 21 18:15:00 PST 2005, Joel Jaeggli <joelja @darkwing.uoregon.edu=""> wrote:</joelja>

&gt; When I hear Robert Mugabe talk about internet governance I don't really
&gt; get the impression that he has the interests of the people of Zimbabwe at
&gt; heart.
&gt;
&gt; joelja
&gt;