Re: ChinaNet Contacts

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Thu Feb 17 15:05:27 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Richard Cox wrote:

:
: On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:13:07 -0500
: "Jon R. Kibler" <[email protected]> wrote:
:
: > I know that this is a REALLY sore point, but has anyone ever
: > established any good working relations with anyone in CHINANET
: > or other China-based ISPs?
:
: Yes, indeed.  And been out to Beijing to have meetings with them.

Heh, you shoulda tried getting in there in the mid 90s.  The only clue was
in the universities.  They were mostly are worried about VoIP taking money
from the government telco and the unwashed western ideas brainwashing the
masses.  I doubt things have changed.  Be prepared for outages.  Get
more than one link to the country if you want high quality cold potato.

scott