Re: NANOG Changes

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Feb 17 04:13:55 2005

Speaking only for myself (and certainly not for Merit):

The NANOG Reform group (http://www.nanog-reform.org), which has already
gone on record supporting an open and democratic NANOG, was asked for
volunteers.  I think all three of us are looking at this as a temporary
assignment until the broader issues of NANOG governance are sorted out.
Perfect, but let's not repeat past mistakes.

Let's set a date for this "temporary government" to expire, and start discussing how the process of a more permanent "governing" body will be achieved. I think 3 months is the longest we should decide on (not consider, the NANOG community has enough considering to do), we can do it in a month.

I believe this is important enough, either someone who has been here forever steps forward and volunteers to get the emails of who people want to see at this headache of a position, or we do it openly on the list. A poll can be done later on.

Gadi.