Re: bad Vonage connection, was Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

  • From: John Levine
  • Date: Wed Feb 16 17:36:16 2005

>What caused that issue was file transfers and other bursty traffic
>overwhelming queues, resulting in vonage traffic being stomped.

My router is a BSD/OS box and I see no evidence that it's losing
packets.  Keep in mind that the trouble was on inbound traffic, and my
internal network, a 100Mb switched ethernet, is a lot faster than my
T1, so it's hard to see how there'd be any queueing under any
circumstances.

I did traceroutes, looks like it was in either Sprint-land or the NSP
to NSP gateway.