RE: bad Vonage connection, was Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

  • From: Hannigan, Martin
  • Date: Wed Feb 16 02:05:43 2005

I have not tested jitter, but I will now.

I had some dropouts when one of my machines was "being bad",
and while it didn't usually disco, it did drop call content. I was
surprised it hung on to the call for as long as it did.
Longest I can attest to is about 25 seconds. I haven't gotten
around to figuring out why it held the session at all.

> > I don't know about Vonage support. Never tried it.
>
> That's the problem.  It no longer exists.  E-mail is auto-acked and
> ignored, phone calls go through the usual voice jail tree
> until you get to
> the point when it would queue me for a person, where I always
> got a busy
> signal.
>
> Calling the number to cancel was no problem getting through,
> but by then
> it was too late, I'd already ported the number to Lingo who
> is slightly
> cheaper and has a much larger local calling area, roughly Honolulu to
> Helsinki.

Have you experienced any blocking on Vonage?

-M<