Re: Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Tue Feb 15 16:52:40 2005

I've gotten a couple emails on this. To summarize:

1) some malware uses tftp. However much malware now uses other ports, such
as 80

2) There are numerous buffer overflow bugs with tftp. This would seem to be
better resolved with rACLs or ACLs towards loopback/interface blocks. (and,
of course, turning tftp off and using scp or sftp)

It would be interesting to find out what percentage of Internet accessible
routers are remotely upgradable via TFTP presently. Sadly, this would be
non-zero...

- Dan