Source for IDS data

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Tue Feb 15 08:23:15 2005

One more request for the group.

Looking for some contacts off list who would be willing to discuss supplying
some IDS data. Ideal candidates for this research would have the following
characteristics:

1.	Have a fairly visible network that draws appreciable attempts.
2.	Have an IDS collection point in front of the firewall so ATTEMPTED
intrusions are also recorded.
3.	Have a fairly extensive history of IDS attempts.

This is for a graduate research project I am engaged in and I am willing to
discuss with potential suppliers of data.  Targets are not required, I want
to characterize sources only.

If you are interested in supplying data or would like to discuss it further,
please contact me OFF-LIST by hitting reply and we can talk off line.

Thanks

Eric Germann