Re: 3rd Party Cisco CWDM GBICs?

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Mon Feb 14 17:34:58 2005

On 14.02.2005 20:52 Aaron Thomas wrote

Hi List,

Cisco currently provides 8 lambdas for CWDM and we have a 10 lambda
mux/de-mux system we want to make use of over a single fibre (5 data
channels).  The 1430 and 1450nm lambdas are dark and I was wondering if
there are any 3rd party vendors out there that have produced Cisco
compatible GBICs for these wavelengths.  I have looked around and seen
Finisar does make Cisco GBICs, but not in the 1430/1450 lambdas.

Have a look at Optoway (http://www.optoway.com.tw/html/products/CWDM_GE.htm) I did not yet test their CWDM GBICs but I'm about to use their BiDI GBICs which come with great distance granularity and excellent price.

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: [email protected]