Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Sat Feb 12 13:20:01 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Philip Smith wrote:

>  From my own Routing Report (due out in a couple of hours), a quick
> glance shows that the vast majority of the increase comes from ASNs
> assigned by ARIN (the ASNs from the other three registry regions show
> minimal increase in announcements).

Duh!  No suprise there.  ARIN just gives IP space and only offers some
measly online training:
http://www.arin.net/library/training/index.html

RIPE on the other hand, has 3-6 course a month, throughout Europe:
http://www.ripe.net/training/lir/index.html
http://www.ripe.net/cgi-bin/courselist.pl.cgi

APNIC also has a number of courses and goes out to where it is needed:
http://www.apnic.net/training/schedule.html

As long as ARIN just doles out IP space with no education, the routing
table will continue to grow.

-Hank