RE: The Cidr Report

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Feb 11 15:14:11 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Neil J. McRae wrote:

> > ~ +3000 routes in one week? Anyone else frightened by this?
>
> Only people who have stock in vendors welcome it. Be prepared
> for another huge glut of unnecessary outages, hardware and
> memory upgrades soon folks!

Actually, from a quick look at the following:
http://www.cidr-report.org/as4637/aggrweek.html
http://www.cidr-report.org/as4637/as-announce.txt
http://www.cidr-report.org/as4637/as-wdl.txt

either I'm misreading the data, or the script that generates the email is
broken and giving wrong numbers of total routes.

FWIW, my I'm not seeing any more than 152843 routes in the global
table...but I reject anything longer than /24.

According to the weekly agg in the first link, there are 151999 routes in
the table today and were 151889 on 11Feb05, which is the date the emailed
report goes up to.

According to the weekly add/withdraw data, 1732 routes were added and 1964
routes were withdrawn, a decrease of 232 routes in the week, and looking
at the aggrweek.html page gives a net decrease of 232 routes for the week
(12Feb05 - 05Feb05).

Time Warner apparently had some sort of deaggregation accident where they
went from 962 nets on 07Feb05 to 2238 routes 08Feb05, 2602 routes 09Feb05,
and finally back down to 1031 on 11Feb05.  Anyone know what happened
there?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |